Since our founding in 1974, our mission to enable people of all ages living with a visual impairment or blindness to remain independent, active and productive in our society has been our core tenet.
We recognize that all people embrace deep-seated cultures that give their lives meaning, fulfillment and direction. We strongly believe these multiple viewpoints encourage community, stimulate innovation, and inspire excellence. We celebrate and proudly hold diversity and inclusion as an integral part of our workforce.
Lighthouse of SWFL is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to all federal, state and local regulations regarding the same.
We also believe it’s important to celebrate accomplishments and successes and make a point of doing so with our employees in a variety of ways.
Join our talented team of professionals that provides a variety of rehabilitation and support services and support to children and adults in Lee, Hendry and Glades counties experiencing vision loss and blindness.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a four-day work week and generous paid time off. We also offer an array of benefits such as 100% employer-paid health insurance for eligible employees and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Current Job Openings
Transition Specialist (Full Time)
Essential Duties: Oversees the transition program curriculum, referrals, intakes, and counseling for high school age students (ages 14-22). Creates lesson plans, teach and facilitate group classes, individual sessions, and related program events that are designed to help the student move from school to post–secondary education, vocational education, and integrated employment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree in Vision Rehabilitation, Psychology, Social Work or related field; Master’s degree in Vision Rehab or related field preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience in vision rehabilitation or related field preferred.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations:
- Certification in Orientation and Mobility, Teacher of Visually Impaired, Low Vision and/or Vision Rehabilitation required.
- Must maintain professional accreditations, licensing and/or continued education as required.