"Life is Better at Summer Camp!"
What Your Child Will Experience
Every summer our students, rising in grades K-8, have the opportunity to come to Lighthouse of SWFL for 2 weeks. During the two week summer camp they are given daily instruction in the following areas:
- Assistive Technology - All students utilize a digital journal and write about their daily experiences on the computer. Students are given the opportunities to practice using refreshable braille displays, “smart” devices and video magnification systems.
- Job Readiness - Students spend time exploring and experiencing careers. A highlight of the summer is meeting professionals in a wide variety of fields from Cosmetology to Sports Medicine and Professional Dancers to Accountants.
- Daily Living Skills - Students are responsible for making their own lunches and snacks each day of camp in our fully adapted teaching kitchen. Students clean up after themselves and learn adapted cleaning and other home management skills.
- Communication Skills - Students are given daily practice to utilize and produce Braille and/or Large Print materials. Students are also given the opportunity to reinforce skills such as organization and time telling.
- Recreation and Leisure - Most of all, our summer camp is designed to be FUN! Students get to experience hands on adaptive games and sports including Goal-ball and Beep-ball. There’s always lots of art, music and crafting to tie all of our lessons together.
Students must be enrolled in Lighthouse Kids prior to the end of the school year to be eligible to attend.
Summer Camp Dates